In Chile, this client resorts to SKAN-INVESTIGATION’s customized service to validate the ethics, reputation and local networks of a potential intermediary.
Mission Context :
This client is reflecting upon the recruitment of a new intermediary for its operations in Chile. As this person has a risky profile, the client wishes not only to validate his ethics and reputation, but also to verify the nature and consistency of his local networks.
Result of the investigations :
The study highlights a particularly rich and positive profile. However, the detailed review of the subject’s activities as well as the networks’ review quickly raises questions. Indeed, it appears that this “multi-card” intermediary also operates for one of the client’s competitors. Furthemore, his networks, essentially political are the result of family relationships which, while they do not categorize him as a Political Exposed Person (PEP), call for the utmost caution.
Client Decision :
This client renounces to resort to the services of this intermediary as it presents too many risks in light of the anticorruption Sapin-2 law guidelines.
Reading suggestion(s) on SKAN1 Outlook :
- 35% de la valorisation boursière d’une société est directement liée à sa réputation
- Évaluation des tiers : la confiance ne supprime en rien la nécessité de contrôle
- Corruption transnationale d’agents publics : les atouts des solutions sans procès selon l’OCDE
- Lutte anti-corruption : la menace extraterritoriale s’accroît
Want to know more about our offer :
- Our Business Development solution
- The SKAN-4X service in detail
- Our other examples of “Business Development” missions