Our client uses SKAN-INVESTIGATION’s customized assessment service to unmask subsidiary managers suspected of overbilling fraud with suppliers.
Background of the mission:
Thanks to a whistleblower’s denunciation, our client learns that several of the senior executives of one of its subsidiary, should have potentially organized a large-scale overbilling scheme with a group of suppliers. He wishes to verify this allegations and to collect any evidence that would allow to confound the fraudsters.
Result of our investigation:
Our study highlights long-standing but real links between one of the senior executives and one of the suppliers :
This executive appears as a shareholder within an ancient general assembly minutes of one of the supplier’s companies.
The existence of a mutual company established in Poland is proved. In addition, it shows that this company is itself the unique shareholder of a company established in a Swiss canton.
The corporate review of the Swiss company, as well as mortgage research, point to heavy investments for the creation of a luxury hotel also established in Switzerland. This specific hotel is operated by two other structures managed by nominees.
Benefit to our client :
Our findings allow our client :
- to understand the system and the redistribution of the profits between the different fraudsters.
- to gather enough evidence to confound the fraudsters and to incite them to surrender
Reading suggestion(s) on SKAN1 Outlook :
- 17 investisseurs, dont Warren Buffet, victime d’une fraude
- Une fraude en Thaïlande pourrait coûter jusqu’à 190 millions d’euros à EssilorLuxottica
- Le portrait-robot du fraudeur en entreprise
- Récompenser les lanceurs d’alerte : une nouvelle idée pour la vieille Europe